I know, I know, I haven’t written anything here for a while but in the interests of starting 2017 as I mean to go on, I have vowed to share more with those willing listen. So thank you if you are reading this. I will do my best to provide some nougats of entertainment and information.
2017 finds me half way through writing my sixth novel!! Wowser – how did that happen?So today I have decided to share what I’ve learnt having written five and a half books.
- That the bit you thought was hilarious, no-one seems to notice, but something you thought wasn’t that funny, cracks people up. Comedy is weird, weird thing.
- Most 60+ yr old men I meet think I write erotic novels and make jokes about sex and Tuesdays. I will write the book they think I wrote one day!
- Nothing beats the thrill of receiving your book published in Serbia covered in pictures of bonking rabbits?
- The people who ask me how to get a book published but haven’t actually written anything yet, I know will never be published.
- A huge amount of television needs to be watched for research purposes.
- Social media is the time enemy of all writers but without it we’d be lonely during the day and would eat more biscuits. Facebook is my current diet of choice.
- Writers are the only workers on the planet who wish they could attend more meetings. Just let me talk please!
- Writing can make you so happy and full of joy when it’s going right and so cross and wretched when it isn’t, but you know it’s worth it in the end. A bit like marriage really!
I will end on a wine and book recommendation since I have just been on a trip to New Zealand and consumed much of both! My favourite novel was an oldie from Jojo Moyes, called The Last Letter From Your Lover. An absolute classic love story but with some superb twists. I couldn’t put it down. And this was drunk by this view. Both divine.
Back soon – Tracy x
2 thoughts on “Hello – It’s me!”
Love your snippets and reflections of experiences. You gotta wonder what’s in your Serbian translation! It’s a shame you can’t read it!
Glad you’re back on track, Tracy. Good luck with your 6th! I have to say that you’re right on with Item #1. I find that there’s usually 1 sentence in my blogs that I absolutely love and yet when I get comments from my readers, they comment on some other line. Comedy is weird. Keep on keep oning!